John Baxter jwbaxter at spamcop.net
Tue Feb 11 02:30:50 EST 2003

In article <mailman.1044638179.4983.python-list at python.org>,
 Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

> G...

I didn't *think* I had been away from the newsgroup long enough for
3,700+ messages to accumulate in the ordinary course of things.

I'm neutral on this, and will therefore not be voting.  I seldom use the
construct in languages which have it--now and then it's really handy and
I use it.  If it's approved, I would expect to use it the same way...if
not I'll keep on not using it.

At least we don't have to worry about whether expression2's evaluation
winds up in the upper or the lower accumulator.  Oops.

 --John (recently transported back to the IBM650 in another venue) Baxter