greed (was)

Brandon Van Every vanevery at
Fri Feb 7 05:29:54 CET 2003

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) wrote:
> OTOH, my home machine (also Win2K Pro) has been remarkably stable
> until the latest Windows critical updates ... or was it the new 4in1
> drivers ... or maybe the new Highpoint 370 driver ... I just rebuilt
> my home machine - it was getting too cluttered - and some combo of
> the latest drivers, service packs, etc has caused a few bluescreens
> after windows update was run, etc ...

If "Power User" means churning all your HW and drivers I'm certainly not a
power user.  I treat driver installs for major HW components as major
potentials for disaster.  That is to say, I image the drive before making
the change.  And I consider any major change to IE a "driver."  I've learned
to trust the MS patches though.  They haven't screwed me yet.

20% of the world is real.