Pydoc and extension types

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Wed Feb 26 09:57:07 EST 2003

I have written several extension types in C.  (Python has the cleanest,
most easy to use extension API of any interpreter/virtual machine I've
seen.)  How do I get them to show up in pydoc?  I have doc comments on
the methods, but they do not appear.

My extension types are created by factory methods at the python level.  I
suspect the problem is that there needs to be some kind of entry in the
module dictionary that hooks to the extension type.  However, I do not
want python users to create the extension type directly.  It should only
be created through the factory methods.

What kind of module dictionary entry is needed to make pydoc work with
extension types?

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>