PEP 308: Pep Update

Carel Fellinger carel.fellinger at chello.nl
Thu Feb 27 20:36:06 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 10:52:51PM -0800, Sheila King wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:06:21 -0600, "Norman Petry" <npetry1 at canada.com>
> wrote in comp.lang.python in article
> <pan.2003.02.27.06.06.21.230621 at canada.com>:
> > Please reinstate "x if C else y" as the recommended syntax for PEP-308.
>

> I really hate to do "me too" types of posts. However, as some people seem
> to be keeping track of preferences and so forth by the posts on this topic
> to the newsgroup, I feel that I had better agree "out loud" when I agree.
>
> Excellent, excellent, well written post. Wish I had written it.

Well, you could do something else (you will wish you had if a (silly)
conditional expression gets in: you could do some usability tests:)

Serious, are you still in contact with teachers teaching Python?
If so, could you pull off another of your Guido convincing things
and get those teachers to do a little usability study with respect
to the readability of the conditional expression?

--
groetjes, carel