Steve Holden sholden at
Wed Feb 26 13:58:29 CET 2003

"Tomas Brixi" <tomas_brixi at> wrote in message
news:mailman.1046239929.10980.python-list at
> Hello,
> I have a question regarding script implementing a windows service
converted into .exe.
> When I install the script a using pyservice.exe and log something the
event viewer displays
> correctly
> the messages I want to log. I know module service util is build into
> But when I convert the script using py2exe I get all logs displayed in
event viewer like this one:
> ---------------
> The description for Event ID ( 4098 ) in Source ( myservice ) cannot be
found. The local computer
> may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to
display messages from a
> remote computer.....
> Maybe I have forgot to include something. Can anyone help me?

It's likely you need to arrange for the win32service.pyd file to be included
in your distribution, since I believe it's that module that defines the log
message formats. Note that this is a guess, though.

Steve Holden
Python Web Programming
Register for PyCon now!