PEP 308: Pep Update

Gareth McCaughan Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com
Thu Feb 27 17:45:52 EST 2003

Robin Becker wrote:

> If we base everything on a 12 year old's understanding/ability we'll get
> a dumbed down language which is unsuitable for serious programming.

I fail to see how adding something to Python can turn it into
a dumbed-down language unsuitable for serious programming,
no matter how oversimplified or verbose or primitive or
otherwise horrible the addition is. All those serious programs
already written in Python will go on working just fine if
any of the proposed conditional expression forms is introduced.

Gareth McCaughan  Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com
.sig under construc