Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Feb 10 10:25:38 EST 2003

Gerrit Holl <gerrit at nl.linux.org> writes:

> James J. Besemer schreef op zondag  9 februari om 10:33:41 +0000:
> > If it's good enough for Python, the implementation -- then it's good enough
> > for Python, the language.
>
> Some more data:
> $ grep -w goto $(find . -name "*.c") | wc -l
>    1810

Yeah, but C doesn't have exception handling.

(If you think this is an unrelated remark, go look at how goto is used
in the Python source).

> Maybe it's good to realize the consequence... :)
> Of course, we have raise instead of goto. But the same is true for a
> ternary operator, but I won't repeat that here.

Ah so you knew that :) But Python Is Not C, so arguing from that point
of view is /slightly/ bogus.

Cheers,
M.

--
 All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that
 the parts you are  reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,