getting system time of a remote machine

Cameron Laird claird at
Thu Feb 6 22:38:47 CET 2003

In article <3e42d337$1 at>,
Scott David Daniels  <Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org> wrote:
>I'd do it the "magic" way.
>Go to
>NIST Time sync over the internet.
>Sync both machines to the same time server.
>Plus you get a cute application to fix your clock drift at will.
>-Scott David Daniels
>Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org
>hawkeye.parker at wrote:
>> running python on win2k.  i'm trying to synch my local system time
>to another windows machine(s) on which i'm running some tests.  the
>tests are time dependent.  so, i'm trying to figure out some way to
>query the time of a different machine on the network, then use the
>win32api set time function to set my local system time.
Right:  let me repeat the same message, with a slightly
different emphasis.  Mr. Parker, you *could* retrieve the
system time from another machine, and synchronize your
local host as you describe.  However, a LOT of other people,
some of them quite clever, have passed this way before, and
node synchronization is a thoroughly solved problem.  Mr.
Daniels is recommending you retrieve one of the standard
solutions, which we're confident will thoroughly satisfy

it demands easy translation into Pythonian.

Cameron Laird <Cameron at>