Voting for PEP 308 (was Re: For review: PEP 308 - If-then-else expression)

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Mon Feb 10 16:28:14 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Laura Creighton wrote:

>> The trouble is, "beauty" is largely subjective and in this context generally
>> simply boils down to a opinion about personal preferance.
>
>This is an argument that such things should not be decided by popular
>vote, and I agree.  That being said, I think that we have broad

Beauty is not too subjective. I do not remember who said that beauty is our
perception of unknown goal... Things (or subjects ;-) are beautiful because
they aim at some goal (the goal not necessary known to us.) This sense of
hidden goal we understand as beauty... For example, leafs of a tree are
beautiful because their positions are optimal for receiving sun light.
Predators are beautiful because they are "designed" to be good hunters.
Snakes are beautiful too, but fear blinds people's perception of them.
Cheap toys aren't beautiful because their goal is external to them:
profit.

Perception of Beauty is subjective, because not everyone sees it at once. But
it's not very personal.

Right now Python is beautiful language which main goal is simplicity,
it is designed to be good complexity hunter and it's constructs are
arranged so developer has optimal palette of them.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
rnd at onego.ru =\= My AI powered by Linux RedHat 7.3