PEP-308 a "simplicity-first" alternative

Beni Cherniavsky cben at
Wed Feb 12 03:29:37 CET 2003

On 2003-02-11, holger krekel wrote:

>         x and y else z
+10 since I thought of this independently!  I posted this couple weeks ago
(it was deep inside a message about writing obfuscate reduce
comprehensions and so went unnoticed; besides, before the PEP the topic
wasn't *so* hot :-).  I wanted to post it on Sunday, the moment I saw the
PEP but I wanted to be a good citizen and read the threads first.
Obviously I didn't get to post anything on Monday and Tuesday either :-).
Now I got back to the newsgroup intending to post and what do I see?  The
wonderful Python time machine strikes again!  My idea is already well
accepted, even before I posted it <wink>!

Thanks, Holger!  (Obviously he deserves all the credit for he managed to
read and write many a message, while I failed).

and-else-ly y'rs
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at>