Defending the ternary operator

Andrew Koenig ark at research.att.com
Sat Feb 8 13:32:12 EST 2003

>> I had no trouble understanding what the code was doing.

Laura> You never had that experience?  That makes you the very first APL
Laura> programmer I have conversed with for whom that is true.  I thought
Laura> that it was a universal.  Happened to everybody ... at least once.

I first learned APL in 1967, when I was in high school.  I may well
have burned myself a few times early on, but by the time I wrote the
registration system, I had been programming in APL for nine years,
and had learned how to do it.