wxPython: import error on Linux

Lexy Zhitenev zhitenev at cs.vsu.ru
Fri Feb 28 09:19:36 EST 2003

"Jeff Bienstadt" <jeffbi at jetsoft.com> wrote in message:
news:v5tbh8t9ml0a73 at corp.supernews.com...
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/utils.py", line 964, in
?
>     wxCONFIG_USE_NO_ESCAPE_CHARACTERS =
> utilsc.wxCONFIG_USE_NO_ESCAPE_CHARACTERS
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
> 'wxCONFIG_USE_NO_ESCAPE_CHARACTERS'
>

> I get the same error if I try to import wxPython.wx in the python
> interpreter.

My Mandrake 8.2 didn't have any problems. Though it was wx2.3.2.

Make sure you have installed wxGTK before wxPython and the versions are
correct. Maybe the versions of your python and c modules do not correspond
to each other. Another solution may be that your build of wxPython or even
system doesn't contain this option.

Try to redownload and reinstall it. Sorry if couldn't help.

Lexy