What could Python do for me....

Kevin Coleclough - Global Treasury Technology colecloughk at iti-ab.com
Tue Feb 18 08:43:34 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm a newbie and I just wanted to ask a straightforward question regarding
Python.  I've been asked to develop a small browser based utility that
regularly scans multiple Windows 2000 fileservers and picks up settings (eg
disk space, services running, registry key values, etc) and dumps them into
an HTML/XML/ASP file, and I've been told that Python could do this.  I've
had a look at some examples of Python, but they really are basic; variables,
functions, that kind of thing, so I don't really know how to get started on
this.

Could anyone tell me a) if this is possible in Python and b) where I could
find good reference material for pulling such stuff out of a Windows box.
I'm not new to programming, but my recent experience is in HTML, ASP and
Javascript.

Many thanks,

Kevin

the system manager.
Information Technology International (ITI) +44 (0)20 7315 8500