float / double support in Python?

Brandon Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Thu Feb 6 18:46:25 EST 2003

Terry Reedy wrote:

> Python proper only uses 'floats' which (for CPython) are 8 byte C
> doubles.

Um, that's like, absolutely brain-dead to a 3D game developer.  Does Numeric
Python give you a 4-byte float type?  How widely deployed is Numeric Python?
How compatible is it with everyone else's debugging and code development
tools?  A balkanized language subset sounds like it would have its problems.

20% of the world is real.