Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

John Ochiltree johnochiltree at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 3 16:57:23 EST 2003

Andy Freeman wrote:

,snip>
> Van Every seems to think that C++ templates are a heavy duty tool.
> They're not.

Thanks Andy. How for instance would BVE deal with a return type that could
not be foreseen. A bloody great case statement is my guess. Templates are
great but I still think Python is easier and faster to achieve the same, if
not better, functionality.

I think BVE should remember that sw development is a social activity
(strange that a social anthropologist doesn't seem to recognise this).
Programming on your own addles the brain such that
'''
20% of the world is real.
'''

John