Voting process for PEP 308 (was: PEP 308: Alternative conditional operator forms)

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Feb 12 19:06:00 EST 2003

Michele Simionato wrote:

> As far as the vote is public, any person is okay to me. I would be
> happy
> if you, Erik, take the vote to determine which is the preferred
> proposal
> (or the first two-three if there is not a clear majority), then Aahz
> would take the final vote "yes/no".

It sounds at this point that it is not likely that this is the way the
vote will be taken; it sounds more like people are settling on a single
vote with all the proposals as well as an additional entry for "no
change" (and an obvious choice for "abstain").

What's going back and forth now is the precise way to do that, with a
single choice, a ranking, approval voting (where you effectively vote
yes/no to each one), or Aahz' suggested form (where you vote
yes/no/abstain to each one).

/  \ You cannot step into the same river once.
\__/ Cratylus
    Python chess module / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/chess/
 A chess game adjudicator in Python.