PEP 308: Voting Procedures

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Feb 13 12:38:19 EST 2003

In article <YLP2a.11773$rE3.7971 at nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
Raymond Hettinger <python at rcn.com> wrote:

>Laura pointed out that a straight acceptance vote is biased toward "no
>change".  The bias arises because some who want a ternary operator
>would still prefer "no change" to certain alternatives.

I'm not sure it's worth worrying about, particularly if we use
YES/NO/ABSTAIN.  Remember that this is a poll, not a strict vote, and
Guido will have full access to the raw data.  I believe that most people
who are not strongly opposed to any form of conditional expression will
vote ABSTAIN on "no change".

Register for PyCon now!  http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html