3D graphics programmers using Python?

Andy Dent dent at oofile.com.au
Mon Feb 10 21:26:11 EST 2003

In article <1Bg1a.6641$1q2.633906 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
"Brandon Van Every" <vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com> wrote:

>I have to admit, I've been doing C++ for 11 years and still don't know STL.
>Whenever I glance at it I just groan.

A nice migration text is "The C++ Standard Library From Scratch by Pablo
Halpern, Que, ISBN 0-7897-2128-7.

It presents several different implementations of classes, moving towards
the STL, in the context of writing an address book app.

It also has a great Concept Web index inside the front cover which I
recommend to anyone writing a similar book.

To bring this back to a Python topic, I suggest very strongly playing with
lists and dictionaries in Python (download the ActiveState version and
read the Dive Into Python tutorials in the help) and then do the
equivalents in C++.

--
Andy Dent BSc  MACS  AACM    http://www.oofile.com.au/
OOFILE - Database, Reports, Graphs, GUI for c++ on Mac, Unix & Windows