Python license - Can I use it for my own software?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Feb 6 10:46:58 EST 2003

[Chetan Gadgil]
> Is the Python license itself available under the Python license?

[Neil Hodgson]
>    Most of us just rip it off without asking permission in the hope that
> we'll be sued by Tim.

Indeed, the only certainties in life are death, taxes, and getting sued by
Timmy.  And, I guess, tooth decay.  OK, flamewars too.  And injustice, and
war, and other stuff like that.  Not to mention unrequited lust.  Plus
sequels that aren't as good as the originals, despite costing more to make.
And paper cuts.  Also that your car will make funny noises sometimes, and
that you'll incur auto repair bills sometimes even when it doesn't.
Misunderstandings can't be avoided either.  For that matter, neither can the
occasional understanding.  Hmm.  It seems everything is certain in life, so
I wouldn't fear getting sued by Tim any more than I'd bother with fearing
death.

take-two-lives-and-call-god-in-the-morning-ly y'rs  - tim