Naming Tk frames

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Mon Feb 3 19:14:00 EST 2003

> Q how does one name the tk frame? can you name a frame? i have looked
> and played and still cant get it to work.
> when i say name I mean the text in the top of the frame. there is  a red
> fonted TK then a white one. I am assuming your can modify the white one
> to read "myapp"?
> <sample code>
> from Tkinter import *
> class App:
>      def __init__(self, master):     #create window
>          frame = Frame(master)
>          frame.pack()
> root = Tk()
> app = App(root)
> root.mainloop()
>
> --

I may not be understanding what you want.  You would like to change
the title on your frame?

root.title("My App")

or you want to make the Tk icon go away?

http://hackicon.sourceforge.net/

(I think this makes the red one that goes away. I am on linux, and there
is no red nor white one here for me.)

Laura