script->service.exe

Tomas Brixi tomas_brixi at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 04:33:33 EST 2003

> I can't *find* a win32service.py in my distribution. Are you *sure* it's
> including the .pyd file I mention as well as the expected
> win32serviceutil.py? If so then I'm stumped and you'll have to ask somebody
> more familiar with installer+win32all.
>
> The reason I suspect this is because the log message formats are usually
> stored in a .dll or a .exe, and you imply you are already seeing
> pythonservice.exe carried across as part of your distribution.

There is no win32service.py in my distribution too. I have python 2.2.1 and win32all 1.48
There is only win32service.pyd and it *is* included by py2exe so the following dlls are
distributed with the .exe file:
perfmon.pyd
python22.dll
PyWinTypes22.dll
win32api.pyd
win32event.pyd
win32service.pyd
_sre.pyd

So I think either I forgot to include something else or the .exe file build by py2exe is missing
something that pythonservice has.

If anyone have some idea, please help.

Regards

Tom