Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Feb 9 13:26:14 EST 2003

In article <r8ahfto4.fsf at morpheus.demon.co.uk>,
Paul Moore  <gustav at morpheus.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>As a follow-on question - does anyone seriously feel that a
>significant portion of c.l.p is likely to have its opinion swayed by
>arguments made in this thread?

Not by arguments, no, but by ideas.  I believe that the swing voters are
those who are mildly sympathetic to conditional expressions, but who
find one or all of the various proposals abhorrent.  If someone can come
up with a truly Pythonic idiom for conditional expressions, I believe
it'll pass.  I suspect that my criteria are similar to many other
people's:

* must have clear left-to-right or right-to-left meaning

* must look vaguely readable even when abused as the conditional for if
statements

Register for PyCon now!  http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html