Project needs a name (was: Summary: as a multi-language portal (was: Some thoughts about Python, and non-English languages))

Fred Pacquier fredp at
Fri Feb 14 09:50:03 CET 2003

"M. Müller-Oertel" <mueller-oertel at> said :

> Since the presented concept got many friendly comments (thank you
> all!), I decided to continue working on it.
> Now this little (?) project urgently needs a name. I performed a
> one-man-brainstorming and wrote down these:
>  * Cosmopolitan Python
>  * Python for Everyone (a variant of "computer programming for
>  everybody") * International Python
> What do you think? Any comment on these and any other idea and is most
> welcome!

I guess such a project, by its very nature, should strive for a language-
neutral name, not an english one : an acronym maybe, a twist like the
suggested "P4n", or a mix of neutral names like "Babel Python" ?

Good luck,