Yet Another Case Question

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Tue Feb 25 10:03:21 EST 2003

Steve Holden <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote:
[setting up standards for the python standard library]
> PyCon sprint, anyone?

Last december the Zope 3 project went from one set of standards
(Java-esque in places) to a more Pythonic set of standards, partially inspired
by Twisted. Here's the set of guidelines we came up with then:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/DirectoryHierarchyReorganization

Some of it is Zope 3 specific of course, but some is fairly general.

Basically lowercase package/module names (without underscores), camelcase
for functions/methods and classes (which start with an initial capital).
Local variables, parameters and non-method attributes are under_score
(though often are a single word as well of course).

Regards,

Martijn