Andrew Koenig ark at research.att.com
Sat Feb 8 09:22:39 EST 2003

Laura> Thus answering the question 'if we let it in will we get code that
Laura> is hard to read'.  I want my control flow with indentation, please.

holger> very good point.

Yes, but in what direction does it argue?

In C, I don't consider ?: to be control flow, any more than
I consider && or || to be control flow.  In fact, part of
reason that conditional expressions appeal to me is that they
permit some kinds of expressions to be written *without* control
flow that otherwise would require it.