Python any good?

Tim Rowe tim at remove_if_not_spam.digitig.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 11:27:26 EST 2003

> Maybe I should have said "not for computation intensive problems".  Not
> as fast as c or c++.

For my postgrad dissertation I had to do a lot of number crunching on
big data files (adaptive digital filtering of millions of datapoints, if
you're interested).  I decided to code in Python, and when I hit
performance bottlenecks to shift the critical code into C.

I never hit any performance bottlenecks, and I never used any C.