Newbie question - array module/fromlist method

BrainDead mcadow at
Thu Feb 20 04:36:23 CET 2003

I've found Python documentation and postings that state the 'fromlist'
function is defined in the array module, HOWEVER, after doing an
'import array', I try the following line of code:
myArray = array.fromlist(whatever)

and I get an error message that python cannot find fromlist (actual
error msg:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'fromlist').

I'm sure it's something really lame I've done|haven't done, but I'll
be damned if I can find it! Can someone throw a CLUE my way? Thanx in

PS  In case you couldn't tell, this is the first time I've posted, so
please excuse any violation of protocol.