bsddb question

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Sun Feb 2 22:46:06 EST 2003

I am looking for a fast, cheap, small db for use from mod_python on FreeBSD.
Something like MySQL is major overkill and I am trying to avoid installing
anything unnecessary.  I thought about shelve, but from the documentation:

"The shelve module does not support concurrent read/write access to shelved
objects. When a program has a shelf open for writing, no other program
should have it open for reading or writing."

is bsddb safe to use for this?  of is there another option like embedding
commands in a Queue object?

-d