PEP 308 - suggestion for generalising the ternary operator

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Feb 12 23:16:23 EST 2003

Damien Morton wrote:

> I tend to think that using the colon in a conditional selection
> expression
> makes it hard to distinguish from a dictionary
>
> Any comments on the original proposed form? Is the question mark as an
> operator too scary?

I guess if the colon makes it look too much like a dictionary (which I
agree it probably does), a question mark would probably be better.  I'm
not really _for_ the idea, it just doesn't offend me.

/  \ I always entertain great hopes.
\__/ Robert Frost
    Bosskey.net / http://www.bosskey.net/
 A personal guide to online multiplayer first person shooters.