ANN: Twisted 1.0.2, the framework of your Internet

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Wed Feb 5 18:05:42 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 07:24:47PM +0100, Rene Pijlman wrote:
> Itamar Shtull-Trauring:
> >Twisted is an event-driven networking framework for server and client
> >applications.
> [snip features]
>
> Wow, this all sounds really cool. But I would appreciate some
> clarification. What would (should) a Pythonista want to use it
> for? What sort of applications would benefit from this
> framework?

  The projects I've used it for include a news (nntp) server, a domain name
server, a MUD client, an IRC bot, an ICFP entry (the most recent
competition), and a multiplayer adventure/role-playing game.

  Generally, it's good for anything that has a networking component, unless
you like duplicating the select() loop in each program you write ;)

  Jp

--
http://catandgirl.com/view.cgi?44