How to simulate VB/Access - Databasing.

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Wed Feb 5 08:39:27 EST 2003

Steven Taylor wrote:
> are there any tools available in which forms can be created and all (or at
> least some) the usual controls (text box, combo etc) as well.

Sure, depending on what GUI toolkit you like.  For my own favourite
GUI toolkit, for example, which is PyQt, such "screen painting"
functionality is supplied by the BlackAdder IDE (you can also do
it in other ways, I think, e.g. directly via Qt Designer); for
Tkinter, PythonWorks Pro; and so on, and so forth.  There are even
free ones, e.g. Boa Constructor for the wxPython GUI toolkit.

Alex