How can I simulate Drag-n-Drop on Windows with win32com? (or TIFF-to-PCL)

Brad Clements bkc at Murkworks.com
Sat Feb 8 10:25:40 EST 2003

On XP professional, the only way to "print" a TIFF file is to drag and drop
it onto a printer.

The "photo viewer" only supports the printto Shell verb, not "print", so it
seems drag-n-drop is the only way to print programatically.

I was thinking of trying to use Wscript components to "copy" a FolderItem
into a Printer, but I doubt Wscript exposes IDropTarget this way.

Is there a way to programmatically do a drag and drop from within Python
without activating any gui components?

--

btw, tiff2ps produces pages that take 2 minutes to print, whereas a pcl
printout takes 5 seconds. I'd prefer to do this on Linux but postscript is

--
Novell DeveloperNet Sysop #5

_