unpickle to python list

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at opus-gmbh.net
Mon Feb 3 13:23:42 CET 2003

Thomas Guettler <zopestoller at thomas-guettler.de> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a pickle which contains a flat list:
> mylist=[
>   "abc",
>   "def",
>   "ghi", ...]
> Is it possible to pickle this list to python syntax? [...]

Hmm. Maybe you can rip some parts out of Twisted?

<quote source="http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/basics">
    Twisted contains twisted.persisted.aot, a module that supports
    serializing into Python source. This has the advantage of using
    Python's own parser and being able to later manually add Python
    code to the file.

There also seem to be various xml-pickles floating around. This might
be an alternative provided you consider XML to be human-readable ;-)

Gerhard Häring
OPUS GmbH München
Tel.: +49 89 - 889 49 7 - 32