portalocker in Win98

Vic vic at innocent.com
Tue Jan 14 12:32:24 EST 2003

Hi All.

I'm brand new to Python. I saw Roundup working at work, and decided to
try an installation at home.

The initial testing (run_tests) fails with 95 errors - these all
appear to be file-locking problems. I've scoured the web, and found
out about the unsupported file-lock stuff used by portalocker.py.

So - has anyone got this going on Win98? Is there a potted solution I
can use, or have I got loads of re-coding to do (I'm a C programmer,
so thst's not going to happen any time soon...)

Thanks!

Vic.

[p.s. this is my first time on this NG, so I'd very much appreciate an
emailed copy of any responses, if anyone feels so inclined ;-)]