[ann] Minimal Python project

Paul Rubin phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com
Sun Jan 12 17:18:58 EST 2003

Christian Tismer <tismer at tismer.com> writes:
> >>... that can be
> >>achieved with a static system.
>
> With a dynamic system, you can have backwards compatibility as well,
> together with the flexibility to try alternatives on-the-fly rather
> easily. Changing some very internal things to try something out is
> still not easy, but with welded C code, this is almost impossible.

Can you explain what you mean by static vs. dynamic?

Is PHP a static system or a dynamic one?  I ask this because the PHP
interpreter has been benchmarked as quite a bit faster than Python.
Of course that must be partly because the PHP language doesn't use
abstract objects so extensively, so the interpreter doesn't have to do
as many dictionary lookups all the time.