In continuing of my question...

dsavitsk dsavitsk at ecpsoftware.com
Fri Jan 31 13:25:23 EST 2003

Nicolay Vasiliev wrote:
>>Wich possibility? What do you mean by reporting?
>

> Sorry, guys!
>
> I meant could I export data retrieved from any data sources (db or files)
> into MS Excel using python developed application. BTW, earlier you answered
> meaning COM, it's enough for me.

Aside from reportlab which generates PDFs (mentioned in one of the other
posts), python is COM compliant, so you can use Access reporting or
Crystal reporting if you have access to these tools.

Also, you can use ADO to interface w/ excel or access, or whatever win32
data source or target you might have.  (as mentioned, you can also use
mxODBC or whatnot, but i personally have found ADO to be a good tool.)

-d