[ann] Minimal Python project

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jan 15 12:11:12 EST 2003

"Edward K. Ream" <edream at tds.net> writes:

> Would anyone care to enlighten me how MinimalPython will achieve its stated
> goals?

I sent this is private email (following a different micro-subthread),
but I don't think anyone else has said it yet:

Weeeeellll, this is the thing that gets me jumping-up-and-down-excited
about things like psyco: pysco has MORE information than the C compiler to
work with: while the C compiler only knows the algorithm to run, psyco
knows both the algorithm *and the data it is to run on*.  Obviously, this
approach only wins if what you do next resembles what you did last, but I
think CPU caches have proved there is some mileage in that idea :)

(actually CT has said something similar, but I don't care :)

Cheers,
M.

--
  Java is a WORA language! (Write Once, Run Away)
                	-- James Vandenberg (on progstone at egroups.com)