Python vs .Net

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Jan 8 09:25:20 EST 2003

Greg Brunet wrote:

> Static
> typing is just another tool to help the development process, and even if
> proper testing reduces the advantages of static typing by 50 or 75%,
> I'll still take whatever extra advantages I can get when I write code.

Not to beat a dead horse, but what if the advantages were reduced by,
say, 98%.  Given the loss in productivity involved with all those extra
keystrokes for the static typing information for the compiler, you
might reach a point where it is *less* effective overall to have the
static typing in place.  :-)

That is how I feel, at any rate, having spent many many years writing
code with static type checking available (C, C++, Delphi and Java).

-Peter