Browser front-end, python back-end

Changjune Kim juneaftn at REMOVETHIShanmail.net
Wed Jan 29 03:32:56 EST 2003

"Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote in message
news:z6acnU4WU6s4HaqjXTWc3w at comcast.com...

> > As someone noted in the thread, it doesn't need to be WRETCHED.
> >
> > Having JavaScript and Java(uh..Jython) Applet talk to each other --
> and
> > even talk to the server on another port -- the screen doesn't need
> > blink.
>
> A downloaded Javascript or Shockwave game is literally a whole
> different game.  But then the browser is being used as the engine as
> well as the user interface (in which case, one might just as well use
> something like PyGame).  It seemed to me that the OP was talking about
> a HTML-served image-map game with the browser serving as just the UI.
>
> Terry

JavaScript and Servlet can be as thin as possible -- a sort of proxy. The
server side does the rest of the stuff. IOW, the server can update the
html(as in DOM) of the client's browser.

June