Jython/Python Libs

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Mon Jan 6 22:46:20 EST 2003

Hi all,
I need to survey what modules are supported in both Jython and Python
(which is probably nearly the same as knowing which modules have no
dependencies on C extensions).  What would be the quickest way to establish
that?  (As in, is there a way to import and test them all automatically and
report the failures, or has someone already tabulated this somewhere).

Ideally I'd also catch the few cases of modules which don't work correctly
for language compatibility regions, but I know that can be pretty subtle.

I'm really only interested in the standard library modules -- I'll test any
extra modules we need case-by-case anyway.

The goal is to clearly establish and document what subset of Python will
run on either platform.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Terry
--