python 2.2.2 on hpux11.0

cmkl cmkleffner at gmx.de
Wed Jan 8 03:26:57 EST 2003

imiten at yahoo.com (X3) wrote in message news:<461d4acb.0301070808.6199fdfb at posting.google.com>...
> Hello group,
>
> I am adding stdout and stderr of configure and make.  please let me
> know if any questions.  I think I need c compiler and stuff.  thanks.

> make output:
> -------------
> 	cc -Ae -c -DNDEBUG -O -I. -I./Include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o
> Modules/python.o Modules/python.c
> (Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -A option is available only with the
> C/ANSI C product; ignored.
> (Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -O option is available only with the
> C/ANSI C product; ignored.

Hi,

seems you don't have installed HP ANSI C compiler, only the K/R C compiler
capable for Kernel compiling only. Other possibility: ANSI c (command 'cc')
is not in your path.
Ask your system administrator or install gcc as an alternative
(ask me private on how to do that on HPUX if necessary)

Carl Kleffner                                           cmkleffner(at)gmx.de