Novel Thoughts on Scripting and Languages

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jan 8 09:30:13 EST 2003

"James Huang" <judoscript at hotmail.com> wrote in message > I've heard
big software projects done in Python, guess that's what you
> are referring to. Being a C/C++/Java guy, it is hard for me to
imagine
> creating big software with weakly-typed languages beyond
prototyping.

If you are refering to Python as 'weakly-typed', you are mistaken.
Except for some class instances, Python objects have fixed types.  No
'casting' allowed.  Even the exceptions are limited.  If you try to
understand Python from a C/C++ mindset (which is where I also came
from), you will fail.

TJR