mention of books & extensions welcome, or...? (was Re: Scripting *of* Python)

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Fri Jan 31 15:13:22 EST 2003

holger krekel wrote:
> Anyway, I'd have prefered if you reacted to Nick instead
> of pushing the case to all of "comp.lang.python" for judgement.

???

How could Nick by himself tell me what the _consensus_ of
c.l.py may be?  Do you think he's an oracle or something?

He's already clarified that HIS remark was intended as
facetious (sorry, I didn't get it -- and neither did at
least some others, judging from posts on this thread),
but it's still relevant, I think, to try to gather a
consensus -- and I think I see one emerging.

Alex