Emacs and ELSE

Dialtone dialtone/#NOSPAM#\ at aruba.it
Sun Jan 5 20:13:32 EST 2003

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 06:51:23 +1100, "Peter Milliken"
<peterm at resmed.com.au> wrote:

>Hope this helps and adds constructively to Andrew's explanation - good luck
>:-)

Well... so and so... when I open a .py file I get 2 new menus: Python
and IM-Python. The last one only has 1 option which is *Rescan*.

I cannot even get it to automatically highlight my .py file (I can
highlight it only tickin "In this buffer" in "Options" menu...

I tried M-x else-mode but I get a [No match]

I guess this is because I don't have a real home directory (like in
linux) and because XEmacs win version doesn't use .emacs file as
default, actually it doesn't even have a conf file (as I have seen)
unless you rename sample.emacs into .emacs (but as you can imagine,
that file is huge and doesn't really fit my preferences...

I managed to find a lot of help files for linux that talked about home
directory and so on but nothing really useful for the windows version
(which in fact is a bit different...)

Have I been clear enough?

Thx for your help... I really look forward using ELSE mode... as you
saw it's one of the 2 reasons I tried emacs :)
--
try: troll = "Brain"
except TypeError, data: