Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

Mongryong Mongryong at
Fri Jan 31 19:09:24 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 12:40, Nick Vargish wrote:
> > > In theory, theory is preferable, but, in practice, I'd prefer practice.
> > +1 QOTW
> What about:
>     "The difference between theory and practice is larger in practice
>      than in theory."
How about:

"The theory is only as good as the people who [try to] apply them."

Theory is based on idealistic parameters.  In an perfect world, it's
100% accurate.  In the real world, it's the basis for applying practical
solutions without having to prune the entire solution space.  That's the
difference between a University computer science student and a local
college programmer graduate.