Python vs .Net

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Jan 8 16:57:45 EST 2003

Greg Brunet wrote:

> "Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message
> news:3E1C9556.30D4C315 at engcorp.com...
> > Since I'm "stuck" :-) with Python without the features you like,
> > I can't try your approach and compare my productivity.  Maybe,
> > therefore, once you've done a year of XP and Test-Driven Development,
> > with Python, you would let me know whether you still miss the
> > code-completion features... ;-)
>
> Well - since that's what I'm considering at this time, perhaps I'll be
> able to do that a year from now. <g>  Too bad I'll suffer a loss of
> productivity along the way by not having the intellisense feature to
> help me learn an entirely new framework. <vbg>

Greg, I have to admire your ability to respond consistently in an
even-handed manner to almost anything that has come in this thread. :-)

Just thought I'd say so, since it's a rare ability (and one I am
afraid I don't share... :-(  ).

(On another note, in response to your concern about productivity
loss, an XP-style question-as-response might be this: "What do you
think would happen if for a while your productivity went down so
much that you were forced to pay attention to the process you were
learning rather than to the code you were trying to write?"  ;-)  )

-Peter