Newbie simple py2exe problem

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Jan 11 12:57:22 EST 2003

Bubba wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:39:45 +0100, Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com>
>  wrote:thers is no traceback. I'm running XP as admin. Ran it in the
> cmd window. Only error is the syntax error previously posted

If Python gave you a "syntax error", there *is* a traceback...
At the very least, there is something that looks like this:

  File "<stdin>", line 2
    from distutils.core import setup
                                    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

What we need is for you to cut and paste *exactly* the message you
are getting from your cmd window into the email message, rather than
just retyping "syntax error".

With that, we'll have some confidence that you aren't just talking
about an import error, or an XP problem, or something else that
isn't really a syntax error...

-Peter