Python vs .Net (

Erik de Castro Lopo nospam at mega-nerd.com
Wed Jan 8 14:21:11 EST 2003

Serdar Kilic wrote:

> It would be quite difficult to "sue MONO" as they are building not from
> Microsoft specifications but specifications from ECMA (and soon to be ISO
> standards as well).
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/net/ecma/
> http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/STAND/ecma-335.htm (Common Language Infrastructure)
> http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/STAND/ecma-334.htm (C# Language)

That is completely irrelevant.

If the MONO people infringe on micrososft's patents, microsoft
WILL sue for patent infringement.

Compare this with the issue of MP3 encoders. MP3 is another well
recognised standard with a patent owner thretening to sue anyone
who releases a binary encoder with out paying the patent owner
a royalty.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)