Retrieving formatted date from Interbase DB into Zope

Ashley ashleylloyd at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 3 11:05:34 EST 2003

I am attempting to use KinterbasdbDA.1.0 to connect from a Zope
installation (Zope 2.5.1, Python 2.1.3, on Win 2k) to an Interbase
database.

I have a problem with retrieving any data of type date. It only seems
to want to format the date as yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS.ss. Any attempt to
force the format (eg. fmt="aCommon", fmt="%d/%m/%Y") results in an
error like:

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: not enough arguments for format string

or

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: not all arguments converted

Can anyone suggest a way around this? I'm sure there is one, I just
can't find it!?!

Thanks in advance

Ashley