Displaying and Inputting Japanese

Ari Greenberg arigreen at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 6 00:16:19 CET 2003

Hi Miki,

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, when I tried adding that line
to my config-win.txt file, the IDLE fonts were different but they
still didn't display Japanese. I think my problem has to do with using
the Japanese codecs. I include an import japanese line at the top of
my script, but it doesn't seem to help. Is there something else that
must be done?

I am trying to write a GUI program for Kanji flashcards and other
Japanese related tasks. If anybody has any idea how to use the
Japanese codecs, please let me know. Thanks,